Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Title: - Histotechnician I Location: Tucson, AZ Start date: -
- Performs unique assays developed, optimized, and standardized
for use within clinical studies. Assays are IHC and ISH, dual IHC
and dual ISH, H&E's and routine histological methods required
for handling samples associated with clinical trial studies.
- Grossing clinical samples without direct supervision of a
- Processing and embedding clinical samples.
- Microtomy of clinical samples as required to meet the terms of
- Staining IHC, dual IHC, ISH, dual ISH, assays, H&E's.
- Documentation of work and traceability associated with clinical
- Instrument maintenance.
- Using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned, including but not
limited to creating cell blocks from cell lines, FNA's, frozen
sectioning, bone marrow preps, decalcification, and other esoteric
histological techniques. Requirements:
- Associates Degree Required
- Laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an
accredited institution, or equivalent laboratory training and
experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation
- The qualifications to perform high complexity testing can be
assessed using the following link: CAP Personnel Requirements by
- For the CAP/CLIA Laboratory, this is an HT or HTL (ASCP) with
current certification. Formal training and graduation from a NAACLS
accredited program essential and an Associate degree or more
- Must provide evidence of current certification as an HT or HTL
(ASCP) or have applied for the certification exam and scheduled to
take it within ninety days of hire; employment is dependent on
successfully passing the certification exam.
- Knowledge of and skill in grossing clinical biopsy samples,
processing, embedding, microtomy, H&E staining and
coverslipping of the same.
- Basic knowledge of theory and practice of routine histological
techniques and IHC in an anatomic pathology laboratory
Keywords: Joul--, Oro Valley , Histotechnician I, Other , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!