Admissions Specialist: Clinical Assessments - Days
Company: Sonora Behavioral Health
Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: June 15, 2022
We are seeking a dedicated Clinician to serve in our Admissions
Department. Thursday, Friday, Saturday - overnight shifts. Sonora
Behavioral Health is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in
Tucson with 140-beds serving adults, adolescents and children with
behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues. - Join
us and you'll enjoy tuition reimbursement, competitive salary, and
exceptional benefits. This position requires a Bachelor's degree in
a Behavioral Health field and experience in assessing patients from
children to adults. Come Join Our Team! ADMISSION CLINICIAN
-PURPOSE STATEMENT: Clinical professional responsible for
inquiries, assessments and admissions to facility. ESSENTIAL
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate
recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric
personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal
representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the
information gathered to patient, their families and other
appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from
external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial
pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with
insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and
collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in
the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with
other treatment teams.
- Must possess or secure an Arizona Level One Fingerprint
Keywords: Sonora Behavioral Health, Oro Valley , Admissions Specialist: Clinical Assessments - Days, Other , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!