Health & Wellness Coordinator - LPN
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to
ensure resident's healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are
treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as
resident's healthcare needs change.
- Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery
throughout all shifts; this may require assuming the role and
of a Caregiver or Med Tech/Aide in order to meet the residents'
needs and staffing requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing
staff, medication technicians/CMA's, and Caregivers.
- Provides training and education to Caregivers on an ongoing
basis to include classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of
documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the
health, functional, and psycho social status of residents.
Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively
manages care and services for each resident. Evaluates the
effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in
- Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates,
according to Brookdale and state requirements, to ensure residents'
service needs are met.
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the
health, safety and well-being of residents, proactively identifying
those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
- Oversees and manages the continuity and consistency of
medication training, pharmacy management and medication supervision
and/or administration in the community. Conducts periodic Care
Associate medication skills inventory checks, and periodic
medication audits per Brookdale Guidelines.
- Implements and maintains Brookdale operating standards, systems
and processes. Monitors and participates in Quality Improvement and
Risk Management programs at Safety Committee Meetings,
Collaborative Care Meetings and Family Care Conferences.
- Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician
visits including, but not limited to, dental appointments, eye
appointments, therapy, and hospice both in house and scheduled
visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as appropriate,
on the results of these visits.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate
person or agency regarding changes in residents' health/well-being,
personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues,
family or outside health care provider concerns.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Worker's Compensation claims.
- Participates in community events, including family and social
- Shares on-call and Manager on Duty
/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Oro Valley , Health & Wellness Coordinator - LPN, Other , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!