Full Time - Family Nurse Practitioner - Tucson-Family Nurse Practitioner
Company: Walgreens Healthcare Clinic
Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: August 6, 2019
The Nurse Practitioners believe in excellence and are passionate
about providing outstanding patient care and promoting wellness
services as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and
convenient care. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for
providing patient care consistent with Healthcare Clinic at select
Walgreen's scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our
professional clinics are located within a community retail store
and staffed 363 days a year. Nurse Practitioners are flexible in
staffing the clinics and float the market as well as adjust
schedules to meet market and patient needs. Nurse Practitioners are
the heart and soul of our nurse practitioner-based health care
model committed to providing and promoting patient-centered
communication and care. The Nurse Practitioner will have a rotating
work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics.
Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each
day by our Providers.
- Provides episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to
our Healthcare Clinic patients.
- Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services
- Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines
of practice in providing quality patient care.
- Provides diagnostic screenings and common
- Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include
Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and
- Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality,
patient engagement, and finances.
- Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the
local community by consistently executing promotional program
elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and
conducting local outreach.
- Participates in ongoing professional education. Maintains
current state licensure and national certification. Participates in
national, state, and local Nurse Practitioner
- Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinics' leadership
to enhance our patient-centric experiences.
- Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and
national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a
family nurse practitioner.
- Position Qualifications:
- Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board
- Valid accreditation from the AANP or ANCC as a Family Nurse
Practitioner (FNP) .
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice
- At least (6) months of family nurse practitioner clinical
experience. Experience with pediatric patients (18 months and
- CPR Certification.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external
customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge and experience with using the wellness electronic
medical record and information systems.
- Experience using time management skills such as
prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines
of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community & with vendors.
- Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient
experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash
collection, insurance information gathering) through our
- Knowledge and experience using electronic medical records and
information systems to provide superior patient care
Work Environment:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of the job, the following requirements are required:
sitting, standing, talking and hearing.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
- Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
- Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently
throughout the day
- Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights
of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
- Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
- Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds
- Grasp patient diagnosis tools
- Key information into a computer workstation
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
Keywords: Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, Oro Valley , Full Time - Family Nurse Practitioner - Tucson-Family Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!