Physician Assistant-Physician Assistant
Company: Walgreens Healthcare Clinic
Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: July 25, 2019
- The Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Physician Assistant believes in
excellence and is passionate about providing outstanding patient
care and promoting wellness services as the premier provider of
quality, accessible, and convenient care. Provides patient care
that is consistent with Walgreens Healthcare Clinic's scope of
services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics
are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a
year. The Physician Assistant is flexible in staffing the clinics
and is able to float the market and adjust schedules to meet market
and patient needs. The Physician Assistant will have a rotating
work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics.
Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each
day by our Providers.
- Provides episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to
our Walgreens Healthcare Clinic patients.
- Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services
- Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines
of practice in providing quality patient care.
- Provides diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include
Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and
- Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality,
patient engagement, and finances.
- Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the
local community by consistently executing promotional program
elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and
conducting local outreach.
- Participates in ongoing professional education. Maintains
current state licensure and national certification. Participates in
national, state, and local Physician Assistant organizations.
- Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinics' leadership
to enhance our patient-centric experiences.
- Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and
national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a
- Position Qualifications:
- Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board
of Medical Examiners.
- At least 8 months of Physician Assistant clinical
- Valid accreditation from the ARC-PA or CAHEA or CAAHEP as a
Physician Assistant (PA).
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice
- CPR Certification.
- Experience with pediatric patients (18 months and older).
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external
customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient
experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash
collection, insurance information gathering) through our EMR.
- Experience with the wellness electronic medical record and
- Experience using time management skills such as
prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines
of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community & with vendors.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the
following requirements are required: sitting, standing, talking and
- Work up to a 12-hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
- Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
- Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently
throughout the day
- Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights
of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
- Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
- Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds
- Grasp patient diagnosis tools
- Key information into a computer workstation
Keywords: Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, Oro Valley , Physician Assistant-Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!