Laboratory Assistant II
Company: System One
Location: Oro Valley
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Laboratory Assistant IILocation: Tucson,
AZStart date: ASAPJob Description:Supports and ensures assigned
areas remain in compliance according to established Good Laboratory
Practices (GLP) and /or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
procedures. Maintains laboratory instruments and equipment on a
daily, monthly, and quarterly basis. Prepares and manages bulk
reagent inventory for assigned laboratories. Orders and stocks
laboratory supplies and equipment. Performs onsite servicing and
technical support of various lab equipment including Benchmark
auto-stainers as well as maintains calibration records and
organizes repairs for all area lab equipment. Coordinates all
incoming/outgoing stained slide and/or reagent shipments. May
support several different functional lab spaces and groups. May
serve as the primary trainer for new Lab Assistants in the
- Performs daily, monthly, and quarterly instrument and equipment
maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Monitors and prepares bulk reagents daily.
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions by performing
- Monitors and maintains usage logs for all equipment and
- Monitors, schedules and delivers portable instruments for
calibration and maintains necessary documentation.
- Monitors and completes routine maintenance on Thermal equipment
(refrigerators, freezers, incubators, etc.).
- Coordinates equipment preventative maintenance, repairs and
validations with third party vendors.
- Prepares and schedules incoming and outgoing stained slide
and/or reagent shipments.
- Maintains stock room and monitor lab supply inventory.
- May perform staining runs for new BenchMark instrument
- Other duties as assigned by management.Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma
- 2 years Relevant lab experience
- Expertise with instruments in terms of monthly and quarterly
- Experience operating instruments.
- This position requires a high degree of organizational and
communication skills, self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail in written instructions and
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to use test equipment such as flow meters, pH meters,
precision weight scales, and pressure meters.
- Knowledge of and skill in inventory management.
- Ability to lift to 45 pounds.
- Some laboratory and knowledge of general laboratory
- Passion for continuous process improvement. LEAN or other
Operational Excellence training and experience a plus. Ability to
follow protocols to maintain quality systems Travel Requirements
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce
solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees
and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific,
clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative
staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered
workforce solutions and integrated services to clients
Keywords: System One, Oro Valley , Laboratory Assistant II, Healthcare , Oro Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!